Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My First Julep Box!

Hello all!

So, I have to say today was a pretty good day. Forget the rain, and the traffic and the headaches that come with both. I got to leave work a little early and came home to my first Maven Box from Julep.com! I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow, so it was a nice surprise!

 photo 028_zps3de2f09c.jpg

The shipping box is solid black- very lux looking!

 photo 030_zpsb8acae8f.jpg

Inside I was greeted with a "Welcome Letter" that was very sweet. But who wants to read a whole letter when there are nail polish and goodies inside?!

 photo 031_zpscf4a8bce.jpg

Remove the letter and YAY my free-bies! Super adorable bobby pins with roses on them. This is very similar to something I almost bought at Ulta the other day, so it is a huge bonus for me!

 photo 032_zps2d7ce2d7.jpg

This month's theme is the "Roaring 20s" and the nail polish and extras are geared toward that. The lipstick box reads "Silky little lip colors inspired by the Roaring Twenties". The packaging on these items is so feminine, I love it! 

 photo 033_zps2e40ba45.jpg

So this is everything unwrapped. The nail polishes are Alice and Millie. Alice on julep.com is described at an "Antique lilac shimmer" and Millie is a "Vintage indigo crème". I will be swatching these soon, most likely tonight... My line of untrieds continues to grow... I need to get on this!

 photo 034_zps3631d605.jpg

Here are the lipsticks, from left to right Lady in Red, Satin Doll and Tea for Two.


 photo 035_zps7d8ad42f.jpg

Again from left to right: Lady in Red, Satin Doll and Tea for Two. TfT is the little bit of shimmer to the far right, it is pretty much skin tone with a hint of shimmer. This will most likely be the one I wear most often as I am super pale lol. I had to try on LiR because I have never worn a red lipstick before. It is fierce on me lol, so it may be used only for going out.

So for my list of untrieds... my super awesome boyfriend got me the Color Club 2013 Holographic collection, all 6. I have already worn most of them, but have not sat down and taken pictures yet. I also have most of the China Glaze Hologlam collection, some of the OPI Euro collection and several miscellaneous polishes I have to show you!

Be ready for some color awesome in the coming days (read weeks, knowing me)...

Be safe!

~sweetergrrrl

No comments:

Post a Comment